Saturday, August 10, 2013

DIY: Pom Pom Trimmed Top

I haven't posted a DIY in quite some time, so I figured I'd showcase my latest summer project.  I was shopping at Old Navy with my niece & nephew a few weeks back when I noticed this top in the little girl's section.  I immediately envisioned it with rows of colored pom poms & quickly found myself at the register.  It was a simple project that only took a few hours.  Here's how:

1. Gather supplies: a piece of clothing you wish to pom pom & different colors/sizes of pom pom trim (mine are from Etsy)
2. Measure the appropriate amount of pom pom trim & cut to the desired length
3. Arrange colors of trim as you prefer.
4. Apply fabric glue & press pom pom trim into place.  Allow 24 hours to adhere.
5.  Stitch to assure trim stay in place.  I love fabric glue, but I'm always leery it'll come undone after washing (optional step).
6. Wear immediately :)

XoXo
Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D