Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ahoy Matey! Bo is ONE!

And just like that, our last baby is ONE! This was the hardest & best day, all at once.  It was hard not having a house full of family for our last baby to celebrate the last first birthday party.  It was hard to do an entire party all by myself, on a Wednesday afternoon.  It was hard because he deserves the world & we couldn't make it happen.  I know everyone that's experienced a birthday through all of this feels the same, especially with children. 

We made the very best of his first birthday, starting with our traditional streamer wall on his bedroom door. It was extra special because his big sisters helped me make it the night before, they loved being able to help! I managed to get the cake done early in the morning & stored in the cold garage, decorated while it baked, & did our storytime/craft before lunch time.  I even squeezed in a run during nap time.  The entire day just passed so smoothly, which I am incredibly grateful for.  I truly enjoyed the entire day, especially watching him tackle his chocolate cake!

DIY background banner (supplies from Michael's).
Party supplies ordered from Amazon & Walmart that fit the theme perfectly!
We did a storytime/craft combo to make his day extra memorable.
I whipped up a double layer chocolate cake & it was quite plain, but I loved it!
I didn't have a treasure chest unfortunately, so I used a seashell bowl from when Zoey was born instead.
Old beads from Zoey's gender reveal party, ring pops, & gold coins served as treasure :)
Our DIY treasure-map globe fit in perfectly as a centerpiece during dinner.
Chips Ahoy cookies were for the kiddos to snack on while dinner was cooking :)
I still made take-home cups, just for fun because we already had everything & the girls LOVE them (cups via Party City).
I dug deep into the party bins...gold jar was from my best friend's baby shower :)
Shell Stacking bowls were from our wedding reception & worked perfectly for this easy, kid-friendly menu :)
The girls were obsessed with their parrot food appetizers (crackers, cheese, & carrots).
Our first baby to actually like the cake :)
The perfect stay-at-home pirate party outfit! Also, the first time I'd worn real clothes in a month!
Blouse via J.Crew, Earrings via Amazon.
Special presents from Gramma & Papa in Iowa!
Presents from his big sisters :)
His first pair of sneakers/shoes/Nike's, all in one :)

XoXo
Thanks for Reading!

2 comments:

  1. This Is Really Great Work. Thank You For Sharing Such A Good And Useful Information Here In The Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D