Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bye bye Blog Virginity!


Well, here goes my blog virginity! Since this is my very first post, I'd like to explain my reasons for starting the blog in the first place. I have recently relocated to Canada where I hardly know anyone, let alone anyone as passionate about fashion as I am.  I have become so inspired with fashion in the past few years through various forms of media that if I can inspire at least one person, than I have met my goal :)
I initially discovered my love of fashion as a child, which spurred from my enjoyment in mixing and matching old prom and bridesmaid dresses from my Aunt Carole's wardrobe and never allowing my mother to select my outfits for me.
            Fast forward into high school where I was preparing for a career in medicine, but found myself distracted by rearranging my wardrobe into a variety of outfits and skimming through fashion magazines in my spare time.  My friends were envious of my clothes and I was even elected as “Best Dressed” by my peers during my senior year of high school.  I especially loved the power and effect that beautiful clothing can have and the creativity of piecing together untraditional garments in unique ways. 
I once thought my love of fashion stemmed from my love of shopping, but quickly realized I DESPISED shopping & wandering aimlessly through stores as an attempt to force myself to like/purchase things that everyone else seemed to like.  Also, on a students budget, I realized I couldn't keep up with the trends-it was overwhelming, expensive, & exhausting!!! After a hiatus from my shopping addiction, I realized the part of fashion I was OBSESSED with was the experimental aspects, being daring, and not for one moment caring about what other people thought.  I love that finding a perfect bag, pair of shoes, or article of clothing can completely change your mood, the way you walk down the street, and your life.  Stay tuned for more posts and my fashion thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D