Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DIY: Proenza Schouler Inspired Tie-Dye

How many of you loved Proenza Schouler's Spring 2010 collection like I did? My favorite piece? The tie-dye long-sleeved top! It also seemed to be a lot of other people's favorite as well, as it vanished from online store after online store. I had given up all hope of finding one until I came across a DIY version from P.S. I Made This.  Why hadn't I thought of this sooner?! If you haven't already tried this DIY (I'm a little late at finding it), I definitely recommend you do- it was affordable, the end result is amazing, & it kills time on a rainy afternoon...

The Original Design

1. Supplies: Plain white tee (mine's from H&M kids), Tulip spray dye, gloves, & instructions :)
2. I sprayed yellow panels along the sides & blue on the inside/outside of the arms on both sides of the shirt.
3. I folded the shirt like an accordion (length wise, not shown) & created stripes with the black dye on both sides.
4. The dye requires 72 hours to dry before the shirt can be washed.  
XoXo-Kelli K
Thanks for reading :)

7 comments:

  1. Girl, you did a FAN-TASTIC job! Way to go! I want to do this now!! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool idea, i love ps-i made this! the tie dye you did looks amazing <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so good! i would try but i feel like mine would not turn out as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for this DIY, I am totally going to try this tonight!

    New follower!!!! :)

    xoxo

    www.thebrunetteshake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys liked this DIY...it was super easy & the end result is worth it ;)

    XoXo-K

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! Looks like it wasn't a DIY but bought like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D