Monday, March 24, 2014

On Loss

The family suffered a tremendous loss last week, one that we can not begin to fathom how to live without.  I've dealt with death in the family before & lost grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, & cousins, but none that have rocked me the way this one has.  The world lost one of the best men I will ever have the honor of knowing, a man who put family & the important things in life above all else.  He was my second father, a relationship I never dreamed I would have.  I chose to share this a week late because honestly, putting it out there seems to help. I will never forget his infectious smile, the lessons he taught me, & his love of black licorice (thus the Sambuca shots we took in his honor)...


XoXo
Thanks for Reading

2 comments:

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D