Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Hospital Bag How-To

Since I’m currently at the hospital with a brand new baby on my chest, I thought I'd share what I pack in my hospital bag.  It's varied over the course of three babies, but that's to be expected.  Mine has actually been packed for a few weeks now, considering we moved two hours away & I was on my own during the week just before that.

For our first, I way overpacked...like way overpacked!!! I packed slippers that couldn't be washed (so they were obvi thrown out), the boppy pillow (totally unnecessary & didn't even touch it), & so many extra outfits I never even looked at until I had to unpack at home.  I learned my lesson with our second & packed only the necessities, which I've shared below...


I use an overnight bag from Target I bought for when Zoey was born.  It's the perfect size to hold everything we need while in the hospital.  My necessities for baby include:
-Swaddle blankets (x2) & receiving blankets (x2)
-A customized baby blanket I specifically pick out for their ride home (Etsy)
-Diapers/wipes, soothers, baby bath
-A onesie (in two sizes, just in case)
-A going home outfit
-Extras: letter board for announcement (F21)/hand print kit (Homesense)/memory journal (Chapters)


Since I pack in only one bag (so much easier you guys, I promise), I keep my necessities to the minimum:
-Comfy robe, nuring tanks, maternity leggings
-Shower supplies/toiletries & my make-up bag
-Flip flops (cheap or ones that can be sanitized after)
-Peri bottle/mesh underwear (if the hospital doesn't supply them)
-Camera/charger/electronic devices
-My secret weapon: Perineal ice packs scored on amazon (pictured above).

I do not recommend bringing your own pillows/blankets/slippers that you don't want to part with.  Hospitals use amazing cleaners, but it's still a hospital & you definitely don't want to track all those germs home to a new baby.

XoXo
Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D