Friday, December 10, 2010

Avant-Garde Attitude

Apart from being worn strategically placed in indie-inspired hair clips, the feather trend somewhat escaped me. Don't get me wrong, the feathered skirts, dresses, & capes that I viewed in more than a few runway shows were completely ethereal, romantic, & exuded femininity. Can you believe feather-adorned pieces were once only reserved for extravagant events? All that has changed, as today's feathery designs can suit any occasion, whether it be formal or casual. I came across this eggplant-hued feathery vest on forever21.com, added it to my cart, & completed the check-out process before I could talk myself out of it. I love the versatility the vest presents, especially when compared to a feathery skirt or dress.  I dressed it down for today's look, but am anxiously awaiting pairing it with dressier items for less casual occasions ;)

Wearing: Vest, Oxford, Jeans, Bag, & Ring (F21)/ Socks (J.Crew)
Heels (Primark)/ Watch (Casio)/ Necklace (Dogeared)

Bring On The Weekend ;)
Enter HERE for my Lanvin for H&M Giveaway-
The Winner will be announced Monday!
XoXo-Kelli K

33 comments:

  1. Oh girl, this outfit has me droooling ;) You look fan-tastic! I Love everything about this! The color combo, those heels worn w/ socks, your vintage-esque bag, the way your hair is styled (you should wear it like this more often!). You look great! :)

    xx
    Jen


    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your attitude! I hope your feet were not cold, lol!
    And you bag is tdf!

    xoxo Sara

    http://theredcurry.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so cool! You look great :)

    x,

    Mikaela

    http://framboisefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my kinda ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! Love the vest!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! Love the shoes....
    Beautiful pics and post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love the vest! the purple color is my absolute favorite! lovely!

    x
    thatgirlfromhk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the heels and the way they match the bag! Stunning!

    www.fromanede.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so cute! love the bag and the sandals with socks :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The faux fur looks amazing!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. obsessed with your ring and bag lovely :)
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx
    take a peek at my $100 gift card giveaway while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Outfit! Love how you paired the faux fur west with the bag and the heels! Looks quite amazing!

    From Munich With Love
    Angie -> http://munichstylelover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great outfit! i love purple and that vest is hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely purple vest! i've never seen a purple fur one before! it looks awesome. :)

    love
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! the shoes are rad, can't believe they are from primark!? and the bag is to die for. what a great find!

    londonviennacologne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great blog. I absolutely love the vest. Very cool color, and it actually looks cozy for the winter season. I know, isn't it so hard to believe that feathers used to be reserved for all things extravagant? Thank God fashion has evolved...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful outfit!Love every piece of it.The shoes are stunning!!!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit - I love the eggplant colour!

    Come enter the Licentiate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. fantastic! LOVE the vest, shoes and ring. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cool vest! i wish i could do some fur posts but it's summer here in aus at the moment and that would be abit to insane ahaaha

    love it!

    follow me on www.hopethislasts.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your purple vest!!! Great outfit!

    xx

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so nice. I've never seen a purple fur and I love this look. Not sure i'd I could pull it off, but you did flawlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Guys, this vest is amazing, I'm sure you'll be seeing a ton more of it real soon ;)

    XoXo-K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D