Thursday, August 26, 2010

FALL STYLE GUIDE: Chunky Knits & Ice Blue

CHUNKY KNITS
Nothing compares to the feeling of a comfy over-sized knit sweater on a crisp fall day.  The same holds true for Fall 2010- whether teamed with skinny jeans or worn with your highest pair of heels, a cozy knit is this season's must-have item.

BCBGMAZAZRIA oversized sweater dress, Alexander Wang mohair boatneck sweater (shopbop.com) 


NOW: sweater (H&M), shorts (UO)
Wedges & Satchel (Asos)
LATER:  navy scarf (vintage), sweater (H&M), tee (F21), Jeans (UO)
Heels (F21), Satchel (Asos)
My fav chunky sweaters (UO & Anthropologie)

ICE BLUE
This color was completely mesmerizing when seen on the runway due to the complete unexpectedness of it's link to Fall 2010.  Normally stowed away until spring with the remainder of the pastel color wheel, Ice blue has earned it's spot in the top 6 for 2010.

Rebecca Taylor 'Love it' blouse (shopbop.com)
River Island blue eyelash sweater
Several blue items of my own: Shoes (River island), belt & turtleneck (J.Crew), oxford (F21)
I am still on the hunt for that perfect ice blue item to add to my wardrobe (very open to suggestions)...I'm thinking a big, chunky knit sweater for layering :)  It's not one of my favorite colors to wear, but it's growing on me...
Today, I wore Chunky knits 'NOW' outfit and once again, I swapped my shoes (wedges for leather gladiators).  Thursday already? This means I only have one more post until my Fall Style Guide comes to an end...
Lovin' the leather patches on this sweater, which match the leather of my gladiators ;)
Watch (UO), All bracelets (H&M)
Rings (Banana Republic)
Thanks for reading!
XoXo-Kelli

4 comments:

  1. Great post, girl!
    LOVE the Alexander Wang knit...so hott! :)
    I want to find one at a thrift store that is similar! I know there is one out there waiting for me!
    And that ice blue? LOVES IT!
    You just reminded me of a DKNY holey knit mesh long sleeve sweater I have...perfect...it's iceblue too! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make this same sweater in gray...found a marled gray knit on F21 and leather elbow patches at the fabric store, gotta love DIY's :)

    XoXo-K

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that asos satchel!! i think i need it :) And seriously cant wait for Fall to wear chunky knits!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D