Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Revenge of the Nerd

Introduced as 'Geek Chic' on the runways in Spring 2009, secretary-style accessories still remain evident in most of our wardrobes.  Sensible satchel bags, thick black-framed glasses, and tailored pieces help achieve the overall geek chic image.  The trend that seems to have the most longevity? That would be the glasses (now called readers) that are available at any price range, quality level, or color you can imagine.  Because I have never been one for the trend (those glasses do not look chic on me, but really do make me look like a nerd), I decided to put my own spin on it and wear my black framed glasses in the form of a necklace :)  How many of you have participated in the Geek Chic trend?

Aly Hilfiger, unknown male, Olivia Palermo (elle.com)
elle.com geek chic
Forever 21 Twist Nerd Lookbook
Cardi: Old Navy, Tee: Aritzia, Necklaces: F21
I had to make this outfit a little more modern, so I decided to pair it with my vintage leather shorts, black cut-out oxford shoes, and a mix of accessories :)
Vintage leather shorts (etsy.com)
Patent leather cut-out oxfords: Forever21
Watch: UO, pearls: H&M, Skull: Tom Binns (shopbop.com)
Happy Wednesday, Stay Geeky :D
Xoxo-Kelli

5 comments:

  1. LOVEEE this post...great job! And the outfit you put together is spot on! :)
    Keep it up!

    Adding you to my "lovelies"!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw i love this!!

    xx,
    Helena
    www.BrooklynBlonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look because I am a true geek at heart!

    I just came across your blog! It is lovely!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for reading, I really appreciate it! Glad you like it, I'm a nerd at heart too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D