Monday, September 13, 2010

Compare & Contrast

For those of us fashionista's that are on a shopping budget (I really envy those of you who aren't), I tend to always find the most expensive thing in the store to fall in love with.  Does that ever happen to any of you? Since I put myself on a self-implemented budget, I have become a little obsessed with finding replicas of those expensive things or using those ideas to create my own DIY projects.  For example....

Balmain Denim jacket (swoon) vs. F21 Bellhop Jacket

Zara shoulder padded blouse vs. BB Dakota Medora shoulder padded top

Blazers by Stella McCartney (Resort 2011 collection) vs. TBA (Urban Outfitters)

Jeffrey Campbell Studded Boots vs. F21 Studded Buckle Boots

The chain detail on this Diane von Furstenberg sweater can easily be done yourself, on any 'ole sweater :)  I'm not digging this particular shade of yellow, so I'm hoping to find a sweater in a different color & try this idea immediately :)

Vintage shopping is VERY cost-effective as well & allows me to be a bit more creative with how I wear the pieces. For example, I just bought this dress from Etsy for $10 & I plan on shortening it, swapping the matching belt for a turquoise one, & pairing it with clogs :)  I like vintage because it's literally history in a wearable form...

Vintage red polka-dot day dress (etsy)

Vintage leopard-print belt (ebay)
I'm not feeling like myself today, so my outfit is a little casual (once again).  I have always encountered a lack of inspiration with my wardrobe when the weather is in-between seasons...
Blazer (H&M), Tee (F21), Joggers (River Island)
Panther Ring (Asos), Disk Ring (Banana Republic); Booties (Asos)

Watch (Casio)

Thanks for Reading Dolls :)
XoXo-Kelli

11 comments:

  1. i love your advice on the chain for the blouse!
    you're a very intelligent shopper :]

    thanks for sharing!


    <3 dennica pearl
    - through the eyes of a pearl
    - vintage shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...love the splurge vs the steals...and your outfit is super cute, even if you aren't feeling inspired. And let me please tell you how much I love your etsy dress! :)
    I really think the teal belt will go great with it! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i LOVE that vintage leopard belt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Jen, every time I find something vintage, I think of you...as you should be dubbed the 'Queen of all Great Vintage Finds."

    The leopard belt was too good to pass up, thanks for reading :)

    Xoxo-K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog!
    I'm now a follower!

    www.the-fashion-wall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following, I appreciate it :)

    xoxo-K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!
    I would die for this Balmain's...





    LA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog and I really like it :) cool post! Maybe we can follow each other?

    www.flowersandstuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ALL! <3
    If you want visit and follow:
    http://rejectingtheobviousness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! those rings are insane especially the two tone stone ring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys, I'm happy you enjoyed the post :)

    XoXo-K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting Dolls :)
If you like what you see, follow me on: Facebook, Bloglovin', or Twitter :D